Saturday, December 13, 2008

December 13th weekend

In spirit of the upcoming Christmas, kids talked me into joining our neighbors in going around the neighborhoods, singing Christmas carols...
Ok, so I am not under any impressions of having any ability of caring a musical note, so I figured, I will just go meet the neighbors, and some lip-singing (or humming), make the kids happy.

We went to the meeting house, got to know the neighbors, then went out through the neighborhood. It was quite beautiful, full moon, cold night. I pulled out my camera to take a picture, and guess what? I took the memory card out earlier to transfer some pictures, so I got no pictures of that night :-( Grrrr!!!
************
On Saturday kids got haircuts and Larissa, Jon and I went to meet Santa at the local retirement center.
Kids looked so festive, but Jon absolutely hates any formal clothing. When we go in line to see Santa he looked very nice, by the time we got to the front of the line, his jacket was on the floor and he was working on tearing his tie off... Then he refused to sit on Santa's lap, etc.
I gave him some time to adjust and with in 30 minutes he was back in line, eager to tell Santa what he wants. It's all about patience with Jon!

Sunday we woke up to a much cooler temperature and a light snow. It started out slow and not too cold, then stopped for a little bit, but then restarted with big snow flakes and a temperature drop. We enjoyed playing in the snow. A couple of neighbor boys came over and we had a snowball fight. Then for the rest of the night we stayed indoors and watched Weather Alerts on TV, waiting for the school closure announcement (fingers crossed), and drinking hot chocolate.

Jon was surprised by a snowball when he stepped out to play:

And we started working on our Christmas Pinata (Tim said we are silly, and it's a kids' game...):

No comments: