Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Ice, ice and then some more ice.

What a "wonderful" weather we got in OR this week. I blame it all on my family! LOL

They kept saying "I wish we had a white Christmas" over and over, and they got it! A little early though. Now, of course, they don't drive either, so getting snow is all that matters to them. Plus, schools are cancelled, so double the bonus.
With a bird feeder hanging outside, we now see many more birds visiting us. Even a Blue Heron stooped by, from a distance though. Poor thing probably didn't know what to do with all the snow and cold. I had to check a few times to make sure id wasn't frozen to the ground. Then it was gone... I hope it finds a warm place to hide.
Larissa got a chance to work on her crafts:Here is the (almost) finished product:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have a friend who just got on a plane from South Florida to fly to OR. Talk about a temperature change!

My dad called me from work today in Southern California and they closed early because THEY got 8 inches of snow.

What a crazy season!