Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!

No Christmas celebration is completed without building a gingerbread house, baking many many desserts and eating too much! We have all of that successfully accomplished this jolly season.

We have a full house this year, ten people in total, so I have lots of cooking and cleaning to do all day long, but I don't mind. It's more fun with a house filled with noises.
Kids stayed up a little too late on Christmas Eve (past midnight). Dad told them in the morning that he had chased Santa away with a snow shovel the night before because of that, and they also found a little note next to the cookie plate...



Note reads:
"Thanks for the cookie & milk kids! Santa.
PS: Next year, please hide the shovels. I had to sneak back in after your Dad fell asleep".

We had a wonderful time, played many fun games and laughed a lot on a Christmas Eve. But, best of all, I got to try many new recipes (I finally had someone who would eat my new creations). I would have to say that of all the new things I made, shortbread cookies and jello filled orange slices were my favorite. Plus, it was a sugar-free jello, so no guilt there :-)

We took many walks in the snow, got our feet cold and wet, but that just made it all feel that much better, coming back to a warm house and a hot cup of chocolate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year 2009