Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Another crazy cold busy weekend

This week Gabe went to an Outdoor School.  His class left on Wednesday and we spent all afternoon on Tuesday packing (trying to find rubber boots in his size) and reassuring Gabe that he won't need his Nintendo DS there.  I did, however, agree to let him take my digital camera along...  which turned out to be a wrong decision.  It came back broken and no one seems to know how a big dent got there either...

Here are some pictures from Gabe's trip:



On Saturday, a day after Gabe's return we were right back into our crazy weekend schedule.  Usually, Tim and I manage busing kids to their separate events, but this weekend I was volunteering at my work's Open House, so majority of busing was left to Tim.

First thing in the morning I dropped Gabe and Miranda at his game (PCC sports field).  Tim took Larissa and Jon for a weekend LOWE's kids' build, then their swimming classes, then back to Gabe's game.  Gathered all the kids and came over to my volunteer station. 

This year I was at the best possible booth, XBox 360!  I basically had to sent my kids away and make then explore other fun booths.  Thanks to the Intel's generosity, all the kids had some gift to take home, a hat, a backpack, a game.  Everything worked out pretty nicely!

Later that day we got around spray washing our driveway, which probably drove the neighbors crazy with noise.

Sunday was a lot more relaxed.  I took kids to the Shute park for a little while and they did an impromptu performance at the Summer stage.  The entire time I was thinking "I wish I had a camera!".

By Tuesday following week, I decided that my broken camera is broken for good and I must get another one.  I spent quite a while on Wednesday playing with all the camera models on display at Best Buy and ended up getting an upgraded model of my old camera.  I guess I am a Canon fan.

Hopefully, I will again have pictures to post.

No comments: