Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Gool!

On Tuesday Gabe's class went to see Portland Timbers team playing against Tacoma. 
This was a special day with a game and other activities promoting health to kids.  Most of the fans in attendance were between the ages of 8 and 15, with the exception of chaperons (such as myself).

We took a MAX train to the PGE park, managed to get all the kids in and settled, just in time for the clouds to collect over our heads.  In no time we were getting rain pouring on us.  Not anything unusual for Portland, we just moved up a few rows farther under the roof cover.

(these are "my" boys.  I had to make sure everyone made it back safe)

During the half time we found out that some of the players were signing autographs.  Since we all got free t-shirts on the way in, what better blank space to use!

Pretty soon it turned into a challenge (for me) of getting every one's signature and then a picture with Gabe taken with all the players.  I succeeded!!

No comments: