Monday, May 24, 2010

May 22nd weekend

Many things accomplished this weekend.

On Thursday Gabe performed in Part Two of an "Aunt Roddy's" play at his school.  In a humorous story accompanied by a band's music.
On Saturday our day was packed with activities.  Gabe had his last game of a lacrosse season.  His team played against a Sunset team again, and they lost again... oh, well, better luck next season.


Right after the game we all stopped by LOWE's for another kids' build project.  This week we made a catapult.

No time to spare to the pool Larissa, Jon and I go, for their last swimming lesson.

Meanwhile, Tim took Gabe (and Miranda) to the Eastwood school garage sale, where Gabe's band performed again.

Afterwards we all met at the house, ready to relax, but wait, we got more things to do!  Larissa and I have a Gales Creek Camp gala to go to.

We love going to the gala, because we get to meet many many other kids with diabetes and get a chance to chat with their parents.
As always, there were many great items up for auction, and as always, they ended up more $$ than I could afford :-(
Kids had a wonderful time playing, getting their faces painted, dancing, singing, etc.  By the time we got home it was already after 10pm and we were exhausted!

On Sunday I was determined to get some running done.  After all, I have a half marathon coming up in a couple of weeks!!!  I am getting really worried now, I haven't been really training for it, and now I also found out that Gabe has a big tournament on the same morning, so chances are, there will be no one meeting me at the finish line...

Later, as the sun picked out of the clouds, I loaded Larissa and Jon in my car and we drove to the Orenco Sunday Market to get some flowers.  By the time we got there, it was pouring down full strenght...  We didn't give up and went to the market anyway.  Our reward was "chicken-on-a-stick" (as Larissa calls it), lumpia & hot chocolate.

No comments: