Monday, May 10, 2010

May 8th weekend

We had a wonderful weekend over the Mother's Day weekend.

Friday night Larissa went to her friend's house for a sleepover and the rest of us went out to see a Liberty vs. Glencoe HS Lacrosse game.  We didn't know anyone on the team, but got an email from Gabe's coach asking for attendance.  We thought it would be great to learn more about the game. (and a great practice for me taking action photos)

Gabe found a great bargain, 2008 lacrosse sweatshirt for $10 and used his own money to buy it.
Jon really liked to stomp his feet when Liberty HS scored, and he didn't mind helping Glencoe HS fans cheering either.

On Saturday kids had their usual morning activities and this time it was a bit too much to keep track of...  Apparently, Gabe had a team picture taken before the game and there were some money due too.  Almost didn't make it into a photo, but because there was another player late, team re-took their picture and included Gabe.

We found a falcon nest on a tree nearby, after seeing a giant bird circling the skies...

Rest of the day was sunny and warm, just perfect to catch up on yard work.  Gabe mowed the lawn and I continued with my digging in an attempt of making a vegetable garden.  I soon found out that previous owners didn't place the sprinkling system deep enough and I couldn't do what I had in mind, instead I had to go with an above ground planting.
On Sunday I managed to do some running and cleaning before everyone woke up, then off to a Sunday Market with Larissa.  We had fun eating fresh lumpia and "chicken on a stick".

Once back, we continued with the yard work.  I think it's pretty much all done.  At least that small area of the yard...
I do need some time for my hand to recover...

No comments: